Designed as a miniature detachable connector the PRIZM® LightTurn® connector provides passive alignment and novel retention features allowing multiple re-matings\perpendicular to the printed circuit board.
This 12-fiber connector is made up of a multi-fiber floating ferrule with a photonic TIR lens enclosed in a protective housing. The perpendicular mating capability saves vast amounts of space on already densely packed circuit boards.
- TIR (Total Internal Reflection) lens
- Wavelength independent optical grade material
- Bidirectional components
- Integrated alignment pins
- Housing protects TIR lens array
- Ferrule float within the connector
- Pre-alignment latches on connector housing
- Keyed for proper mating orientation
- Quick termination, no polishing
- Less than 1 minute light cure for epoxy
- Collimated light at optical interface
Where It’s Used
The PRIZM® LightTurn® Connector can be used across multiple applications which include telecommunications, datacoms and within the newly emerging high-speed computercom markets.