Closet connector housings (CCHs) provide interconnect or cross-connect capabilities between outside plant, riser or distribution cables and opto-electronics. Like other LANscape solutions hardware, the housings accept CCH connector panels. In addition, the housings accept CCH cassettes and CCH modules.
From fiber and cable routing and strain relief, to port labeling and termination, these housings reduce the risk of error that can disrupt networks.
The units are designed for rack mounting in 19-in (48 cm) racks or optional 23-in (58 cm) equipment racks (1.75-in EIA hole spacing). They are available in rack space options of 1U (two panels, cassettes or modules), 2U (four panels, cassettes or modules), 3U (six panels, cassettes or modules) and 4U (12 panels, cassettes or modules). The 1U, 2U and 3U options feature a slide-out tray and see-through, removable top covers. The CCH-04U features a clear door, removable front and rear enclosures and a platinum-colored interior for maximum visibility and access.
Every CCH housing is shipped complete with strain relief brackets, routing clips and guides, and mounting brackets for proper installation. Documentation labels are provided and components can be added as needed to construct a fiber distribution frame for any application. All housings include a removable tinted polycarbonate front door. All size housings have field-installable lock kits available for both front and rear doors.
All CCH housings can also be upgraded for pigtail splicing to full fiber capacity and easy, modular fiber management through the use of CCH Splice Cassettes (CCH-CS), or for easy, modular fiber management when using field-installable connectors through the use of CCH Slack Cassettes (CCH-CF).
Corning CCH Patch Panel Features & Specifications
- Interconnect and cross-connect capability
- Ideal for field connectorisation Removable, translucent top covers (1U, 2U, 3U), removable rear cover (4U)
- Visibility and ease of access for installation, testing, and troubleshooting Internal and external strain-relief options
- Flexibility for installation and moves, adds, and changes (MACs) Accepts panels, modules, and cassettes
- Variety of field-termination options Adaptable to use as a modular splice housing
- Splices are stored and protected in same footprint
- Meets ANSI/TIA/EIA-568A and 606
- Approval and Listings: Meets ANSI/TIA/EIA-568A and 606; Free of hazardous substances according to RoHS 2002/95/EG
Closet Connector Housings Applications
- Carrier Networks
- Data Center
- Enterprise Networks